TEL : 01229 837258
MOB : 07572591124
To re-engage young people from total isolation, withdrawal and exclusion, back into learning, the community and the world of work. Able to contribute to the community and the wider society with confidence and to live fulfilling and meaningful lives.
Values and Principles
• Re-engage learners back into the education system
• Support young people to become independent learners
• Re-engage learners back into community/ family
• Re introduce young people to learning and the workplace/ thoughts of a career.
• Welcome diversity
• Acceptance of all regardless of Culture, Religion, Sexuality, Social Need.
Our Mission Statement
To improve the life chances of young people through truly inclusive practice that improves learning and promotes and secures wellbeing. Our partnership approach recognises that some young people need additional support, empathy and understanding to overcome the barriers they face. Our flexible child centred approach breaks down the barriers to learning, invites trust and a feeling of security which enables our young people to flourish and become successful in their learning pathway, ready to engage in their next phase of learning or into the world of work.
Moorfield Independent School is now an accredited school registered with Kidsafe.
Moorfield learning centre is an Independent School for young people aged 11-17 who need additional support
Barrow In Furness
Registered school URN number 145465
URN number for Abbey Lodge SC436826